Name kitesurfing spot:
The rules have been adjusted for 2019. Read on this page what is and is not allowed.
From April 15 to September 14 between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.: from € 1.40 p / h. There are 3 different rate zones.
Safe wind: IJmuiderslag
1974 VV IJmuiden, The Netherlands
Beginners to advanced
Current wind IJmuiderslag
|Actuele weer – 35 Knots|
|Laatste update||24-09-2021 11:58:04|
Desription kiesurfing spot IJmuiderslag:
Kitesurfing spot IJmuiderslag on the North Sea is an extension of Kitesurfing spot IJmuiden Zuidpier (South pier). IJmuiderslag is divided into zone 3 and zone 4. Where zone 3 is the kitesurfing zone.
Kitesurfing spot IJmuiderslag Zone 3 en 4.
IJmuiderslag beach has 2 zones where the following activities are permitted:
Zone 3 kite surfing all year round.
Zone 4 is prohibited for kite surfing during high season.
For zone 3, there is a strip of 40 meters up to the tide line that is free for walkers so that they are not hindered by the activities.
Zone 3 Activity area
– Blokart and kitebuggy (see rules)
– Flying a kite
– Ball sports (no golf)
– kite surfing
– Wave surfing (see rules)
– Activities organized by event agencies
– Horseback riding only during high season (1 Oct -1 April)
– Horseback riding in high season (1 April-1 Oct) from 6 pm-9am
– Dogs can run around all year round
Zone 4 Recreation area
– Beach recreation
– Ball sports (no golf)
– Fishing with fishing rod only during high season (1 Oct-1 April)
– Horse riding only during high season (1 Oct -1 April)
– Horseback riding in high season (1 April-1 Oct) from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
– Dogs can run all year round
Rules and regulations
The rules % regulations are important to keep it fun and safe for everyone. Therefore, stick to the rules! Instructions from beach supervisors and the police must be followed immediately.
Blokart & kitebuggy
For blokarting / kite buggying, a course is set out with pilots and ribbon in consultation with the municipality.
– You must be insured for liability.
– You respect other beach users and do not endanger them.
– Keep your distance!
– Take extra account of possible shock reactions from children and animals.
– Blokarters / kitebuggy players from the right have priority!
– The surfer on the wave has priority over the surfer who paddles towards the sea.
– The first surfer on a wave has priority over the one who arrives later and / or still paddles.
– Communicate! Make clear what you are planning if there are more surfers on a wave at the same time.
– Don’t worry: you paddle for the wave and the other surfer paddles behind you to take “your” wave.
– Swimmers always have priority over surfers.
Beach house owners are allowed to keep their dog on a leash at the house.
Kitesurf spsot IJmuiderslag
Kitespot IJmuiderslag is an extension of kitespot IJmuiden. IJmuiderslag is in zone 3 and can be used throughout the year. You can walk here via the large parking lot at the southern pier or you can drive to IJmuiderslag and park your car somewhere. In the Summer this is very difficult and you are not allowed to park for longer than 2 hours (or pay again every 2 hours).
If you park at the top at IJmuiderslag you have to walk down a very steep road to reach the immense beach. So you have to climb it again after your kite session. Which of course is good for your calf muscles :-). IJmuiderslag is a cozy kite spot with a chill vibe. The only drawback is that you really have to drag an end to get here. Whether you come via zuidpier (South pier)or IJmuiderslag itself, it is a fair walk to the beach and the sea, but when you have done that, the brach is at your feet! IJmuiderslag really has a mega-wide beach. In addition to kite surfing, you will also find many other activities here such as:
Food & Drinks
Here too it is possible to have a drink and a snack after your kite session at HightTide Surf & food.
A Chill beach club run by the owner of Hightide surf shop IJmuiden. You can sit at the bar in your sandy wetsuit and yet you get a friendly smile asking what you want to drink. There is dressing room and a hot shower after your kitesurfing session. Many kite surfers who help each other and above all have good food. A BBQ is also occasionally given here and there is live music. In addition to Hightide there is a nice tent for kite surfers, Beach-in, is open all year round, 7 days a week for kite surfers and other beach-goers. Also here is the official test center of PLKB, located in Kiteschool APEX Adventures. In short, a great place for kite surfers to enjoy sailing and chilling out.
Upstairs at the parking lot is also a restaurant where you can relax on the terrace and have something to eat and drink.
Nearest next kite spot is: Zandvoort Parnassia